Wednesday 7 November 2012

Charity Shop Treasures!!

Over the past couple of months I've had some enormous success in purchases at the charity shop.  So I thought I'd share, because they have brought a great amount of happiness to my days.

During a recent thrifting sesh, I came across these:

They are soooo my kind of thing - I can't even begin to express how much.  But I have 'Project Bedroom' complete now (I blogged about this here and I just don't need anymore furniture in there -much to my dismay).  But, I couldn't leave them there.  So they will probably be subjected to a makeover with the aim of finding a new owner who loves them just as much as I do!!  Although R's bedroom needs redoing so maybe I could keep one for her....

The autumnal air has been whizzing it's way around our part of the world and you can tell that the season has shifted.  So, autumnal clothing is required of course:

What bargains these were!!  I'm so chuffed.  The Monsoon skirt is brand new with the original price of £45 - I paid £2.75! 

And this very autumnal dress is great with skinny jeans was just £2!

Then there's this:
which my husband thinks I'm completely mad for getting.  Ho hum, I don't plan on using them as spice jars and have an idea for another upcycle in mind (this one will be kept so watch this space!)

A truly beautiful table cloth for £1.50 (which is ridiculously cheap for the amount of work involved in it - but I will cherish it so I thankfully snapped it up.

























It has such beautiful stitching...



 And, some reading material for R, which haven't been read so I'll put away for Christmas time.

 
Fantastic.  Retail therapy at it's best.  Cheap & Cheerful!!  What's not to love?!

J9 x

In this post I'm linking up for the first time with these fantastic blogs:
 

14 comments:

  1. Wow!! You made some really good purchases!! I bought that same spice rack a few weeks ago and my husband thought I was crazy also!! They just don't understand creativity, do they?

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Judy - welcome!! Yes - I know!! I'm glad I'm not the only one that picks up slightly random looking stuff!!! J9 x

      Delete
  2. Good score! Oh, those little tables are fantastic!! (can't believe you found them in thrift store!) I'm your newest follower :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi!! I know!! I have to say my heart skipped a beat and I couldn't believe my luck. Strange thing is I'd been looking out for something like that for about a year and not found any, then updated my bedroom and once that was done- there they were!! Anyhow, welcome and thanks for following!! J9 x

      Delete
  3. Hi Janine,
    You hit pay dirt with these purchases! I do love those tables. I see that you live in the UK. My niece is living in Cambridgeshire, England. Her husband is in the military and they have been there a year. They are loving it. We hope to visit next summer before they are relocated. Can't wait!
    Blessings from Still Woods Farmhouse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, yes we live in Somerset but my husbands family is from Buckinghamshire which is fairly close to Cambridgeshire although I don't know that part of the country very well. I think it's very pretty though!! J9 x

      Delete
  4. Great finds. I am jealous of the tables. And the tablecloth is great too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks!! Yes, I was lucky on those occasions. Isn't it great when you hit a thrift store bang on?! J9 x

      Delete
  5. Hello Janine,
    I'm your newest follower! Your blog looks really fun, and we may have some things in common. I'm also a stay at home mom, I've had 2 Cavaliers in my life AND some redhead girls around here too : )
    I would love it if you would come visit me at my blog as well!
    www.creatingalifenow.blogspot.com
    Have a wonderful evening~
    Jeanette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jeanette & Welcome!! I'm gonna pop right over to your blog!! Thanks for finding me and following along and it certainly looks like we have things in common!! J9 x

      Delete
  6. Hi Janine,
    These are some great finds! The tablecloth is just beautiful! Thanks for stopping by. I am now following you back!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry!! Thanks for finding my part of blogland!! I'm going to blog soon about my tablecloth collection - I adore them!! J9 x

      Delete
  7. Love your gorgeous nightstands and all the fabulous clothes you found. How fun is that. I've so enjoyed meeting you through your blog and browsing you last few posts. Thanks tons for the visit and your gracious comments on my Bedroom Makeover. I am your newest follower. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marty - thanks so much!! I'm glad I've found your site - it's good to meet people with similar but different styles and share these kind of things!! Cheers, J9 x

      Delete