Thursday 7 March 2013

World Book Day Dress Up!

The littlies celebrated World Book Day today.  The school requested all the children to participate in the fun by dressing up as a famous book character.

Ruby decided she would be Daphne from Scooby Doo...





...and I had the idea for Billy to be Dennis the Menace as he had a red and black jumper, which wouldn't take too much altering.








It was lovely doing the school run this morning.  The sense of excitement amonst the children was almost tangible.  The simplest of things can create such memories!

Their costumes were simple to fashion this year - a lime green cravat was sewn, trousers cut off and hemmed to make shorts, ribbon around a hair band and a patch over a jumper to hide Mickey Mouse and transform it into Dennis the Menace outfit!  Simple homemade costumes that no-one else will be wearing!  Happy Days!

Thanks for reading,
J9 x
Today I'm partying with these lovely blogs:

10 comments:

  1. What precious little ones! As a librarian, I love to see children reading!! Your little ones looked like they had much fun!
    ~Dorothy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks Dorothy - it was amazing how the children throughout the school loved it! So lovely! I agree - anything to make reading fun! J9 x

      Delete
  2. It really is a lovely day - I think we had half of Hogwarts at our school!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha - Harry Potter was very popular in our school too! Funny how it goes in phases! Billy's bestie was Horrid Henry - so they were up to mischief as per their characters all day!! J9 x

      Delete
  3. You've gotta love a gal who wants to be Daphne ... what a brilliant character to pick :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! She said - 'Mummy, I've got the right colour hair, we don't need to change that!!' Gladly, Ruby's not as fashion conscious! J9 x

      Delete
  4. Oh my gosh, so cute! I am loving Dennis the Menace. You can just see the joy on your little ones faces. I remember doing this with my kids. I think it was for history though. I remember my youngest dressing as Florence Nightingale. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how lovely! Our school doesn't do much dress up so everyone makes a real effort for world book day. Always such fun! j9 x

      Delete
  5. brilliant costumes Janine! I only have one left at Primary school and I'm already thinking how sad it will be when I drive past all the pirates and mermaids - it's such a fun day! (Of course I'm conveniently forgetting all the world book day costume melt downs we've had in the past!!)
    fee x

    ReplyDelete