Wednesday 7 January 2015

Happy Holidays

Hello Dear Readers... please indulge me and allow me to share some Christmas time images despite it being early January!  I do struggle to find the time to blog during school holidays with so many demands on a finite amount of time.  Regular readers will know how I share a quick catch up post simply to create a record here and hence this is my 2014 Christmas post!!

We spent our first Christmas Eve (since the Baby years) away from home this year, staying with the Hubby's brother and family and we all enjoyed it immensely.  The Littlie's had cousins to share the excitement with and we could all enjoy the magic of Christmas together.

On the home front, I decorated three trees this year:

a large one in the Living Room:

...a medium one in the Conservatory...
and... a small one in the kitchen.


Each had a different theme.  The first was BRIGHT and BOLD.  The second was RED and WHITE and the third had a WOODLAND theme.


It is the first year I've used all the trees we've collected over the years AND it was the first year I'd actually themed a Christmas tree.  Normally I load the big tree with my favourite decorations.  It is true that I have a slight obsession with Christmas decorations.  I always joke that it is my main legacy of 'things' to be left in a Will.  'Pre' children I had a real obsession - a time when finances were less stretched - but it has meant that I now have a varied collection that I adore.  It is also lovely to see my children share in the delight... to recognise different much loved decorations as they unwrap them after them being stored for a year.  Some which they have made over the years... a few from travels to New Zealand... many gifts from friends and family who know of my LoVE of decorations plus many more bought and treasured over the years.


We decorated on the 30th November this year and really enjoyed the decs until the last few days.  During the first week of January I did begin to crave the space.  I took them down yesterday and vowed I wouldn't put up so many next year.  Although Little Lady did say, "But it looked so lovely Mummy".  

Oh, in that case, give me a few months and I'll have forgotten how long it took me to pack them away ;0)

We returned home on Boxing Day and my mum arrived the next day to stay until New Years Eve. Then the first few days of January were spent relaxing, looming, crafting, playing cards and board games, reading, watching movies, eating too many sweet things, enjoying gifts and generally being together.  Happy times.  

I hope you all had some happy times together over the festive period.  I am completely behind on reading and commenting on your lovely blogs but am so looking forward to Thursday when I've 'scheduled' a mammoth catch up in Blog Land with a very large cup of coffee!!  I can't wait to see what you've been up to and next time I'll share my plan for 2015!!

J9 x

10 comments:

  1. Good morning, Janine! What a delightful blog you have and your home looks quite warm and charming :) I wanted to thank you for visiting my blog, leaving a kind comment, and becoming a follower - I truly appreciate it. I look forward to future visits with you.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a lovely time. Can't wait to hear your plans x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bridget! A year ahead needs plans eh?! J9 x

      Delete
  3. Absolutely wonderful trees, you have a talent for decoration. I'm glad you had such a good Christmas, it sounds quite perfect. Onwards into a new year now, I do hope it's a very happy one for you all. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you CJ - no-one has ever complimented me on my decorating before! I find myself blushing a little ;o). It was not a picture book perfect Christmas but our kind of perfect I guess. Christmas Eve Little Man was poorly and asleep by 5pm but woke up Christmas morning and bounced right back! Surprising how they do that. I hope our year is a healthier one and yours is full of both happiness and health! J9 x

      Delete
  4. Your trees are all beautiful, and I think it is great that you had three so you could use all of your beautiful ornaments and decorations. Lovely to see them! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amy. You know how I say I'm a bit of a hoarder? The middle sized tree was my first tree ever and is probably nearly 20 years old?!!! Oh dear. The big one we got in the sales when we moved into our current home and the little one was a charity shop bargain last year! I'm not sure I'll do all three next year - they took ages to pack away properly!!! J9 x

      Delete
  5. Seeing your lovely pics and pretty trees has added some much needed brightness to this otherwise dull & rainy day here, so thanks for sharing them 😊 Happy new year! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks Gilly. The school run this morning was ridiculously grey and very wet for us too. Glad to bring you a bit of brightness! J9 x

      Delete