I confess, I did consider leaving it and just carrying on but I knew that each time I saw the blanket in future it would be the thing that I noticed rather than feel pleasure from having completed it. So, this meant pulling it apart and rejoining them correctly.... grrr. I have joined most of the squares now and this is where I have gone off pattern. The reasons for not using the pattern faithfully were partly for speed, partly because of my rheumatic hands getting sore and partly because I was crocheting the larger sized lap blanket and thought that some plainer squares would offset the more intricate designs of the roses well. So, I completed the Painted Roses squares and flanked them on all sides with basic granny squares.
I have joined the squares with yarn that I had in my stash (purely to make this blanket a little more thrifty) and I am now at the stage where the edging needs to be crocheted.
You may also remember that I plan to use a lovely teddy fleece to back the finished crochet blanket. I plan to join it with blanket stitch around the edge and then incorporate this into a crocheted scalloped edge.
I have two more weeks to go until the planned 'Gifting' day so I hope to make quick work of the final stages.
I look forward to sharing my first Make Me ~ Ta Dah of 2015 soon!!